I try to stay below the radar as much as possible. When something comes up as very important, I am very good at lobbying though. I really try not to do it very often.
2. What are two things you love about the wintertime? Or, if love feels like too strong a word, what are two things you 'like' about winter?
Living in the sunny south for the most of winter it is comfortable without the humility of the summer. I will take 65 - 75 everyday with no humidity for the rest of my life if I was given the choice - it is just so comfortable. I also like the fact that I am teaching over the winter. I really do like my students and when they go away in the spring/summer the place is so much more drab without them.
3. Pomegranate, kumquat, persimmon, kiwi, and guava are all fruits said to have health benefits, particularly during the winter months. Do you have a favorite on the list? Are there any on the list you haven't tried?
I am a big fan of Kiwi. I have spent enough time in Asia that I have had all of these fruits and I really do like them all though pomegranate does taste better as a secondary ingredient.
4. I passed a local church yesterday and noticed they had this on their outdoor sign- 'When all else fails, do the right thing.' Your thoughts?
If you do the right thing first, they wouldn't have failed to begin with.
5. Do you ski? According to one list I've seen, the top 5 ski destinations for 2014 are-St. Anton Austria, Whistler Canada, Cortina Italy, Tahoe USA, and Zermatt Switzerland. Of the five listed, which would you most like to visit? We can make skiing optional if that helps the non-skiers with their answer.
I have been to three of the destination, Whistler, Tahoe and Zermatt. While I do not ski, I do love the views and hanging out in the lodges.
6. What's the last thing you looked for online? (Besides my blog!)
I was looking at the NBA standings. A Toronto Raptors team third in a conference standings is worth looking at.
7. What saying, slogan, quote, or motto have you seen lately that inspires you for the new year?
Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'
Shawshank quotes are always great!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
8675-309...Is this random enough?