selfie, twerk/twerking, hashtag, Twittersphere, Mr. Mom, T-bone, _______on steroids, the suffixes-ageddon and -pocalypse added to anything and everything, from the world of politics the words-intellectually/morally bankrupt and Obamacare, and from the world of sports the words-adversity and fan base
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Is there a word not on the list you'd like to add?
2. What one unfinished project nags at you begging to be completed in this new year?
I have three research projects that are in revise and resubmit phase and they will be done by the end of the month plus another which I did the data collection over the summer for.
3. When did you last have a bowl of soup? What kind? Homemade or from a can? What's your favorite soup?
I have some great Chicken soup from a restaurant call La Hacienda in downtown Charleston. It is great.
4. Snowed in, snowed under, snow job...which one most applies to your life in recent days, figuratively speaking?
5. What's the funniest movie you've ever seen, or at least one of the funniest?
6. In general, would you say you're clumsy?
I am not. I actually have an excellent sense of balance.
7. Elvis Presley was born on Hodgepodge Day (January 8th) back in 1935. Are you an Elvis fan? What's your favorite Elvis tune? If that's too hard, which Elvis tune do you dislike the least? Click here for a list of his songs.
I do like me some Elvis. There are a lot of tunes I like but it is hard not to get into...
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Congrats to the C of C mens basketball team who won their first game in the new CAA conference last night. Darius Rucker even showed up to sing the national anthem.