These are delicious cookies — rich and chewy. The original recipe called for only 2 tablespoons flour, and they work just as well with GF flour. They are very sweet so make them for special occasions only.
Chewy Chocolate Cookies
3 cups powdered sugar
½ cup good quality, unsweetened cocoa
2 tablespoons regular or GF flour
3 egg whites
2 cups pecans, chopped and toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment, non-stick foil, or silicone baking mats.
- Combine sugar, cocoa, and fl our in bowl of an electric mixer, and beat until well mixed.
- Beat in egg whites, one at a time. Scrape bowl as necessary to fully combine, then beat on high speed for
- 1 minute. Fold pecans into mixture.
- Drop mixture in heaping tablespoonfuls onto prepared sheets. Leave 2" between cookies, as they will spread.
- Bake cookies for 15 minutes in center of oven, turning front to back halfway through baking.
- Cool completely, then carefully peel cookies off pan liner.
- Store cookies in an airtight container or freeze.