Filled with kid friendly snacks, meal ideas and more there is a good selection of products to help you wade through the sea of change and come out with a better understanding of what you can actually find that's gluten free!
The Kids Gluten-Free/Casein-Free Starter Belly Bag contains:
- How I Eat Without Wheat, by Karen Fine
- 1-2-3 Gluten Free Pancake Mix
- Glow Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Road’s End Penne and Chreese, Gluten and Dairy-Free Pasta
- Nature’s Path Organic Animal Cookies
- Nature’s Path Organic Koala Krisp Cereal
- Pastariso Organic Brown Rice Spaghetti
- Ener-G Gourmet Crackers
- Funky Monkey Carnaval Mix Freeze Dried Fruit
- Brothers-All-Natural Apple Crisps
- Brothers-All-Natural Strawberry Crisps
- Clif Kid Twisted Mixed Berry Fruit Snacks
- Surf’s Sweets Gummy Bears
- Betty Lou’s Strawberry Fruit Bar
Liam's favorite thing was Betty Lou's Strawberry Fruit Bar - he was a big fan of fig newtons before going GF and this looked a little like one so he was all over it!
As a mom, I was pleased that I didn't have to think and read the labels on all of these products - it was done for me and guaranteed to be GF and CF! I also loved how the fruit was presented in different ways - dried, crisped, in fruit snacks. I would have liked to see something more veggie focused, but as snacks went, they all went at our house!
Robyn, who is not on a GF diet, was totally into sharing her brother's snacks - which was great to see, because while I strive to make inclusive meals and snacks, Robyn is more likely to lean towards eating things off Liam's no go list for snacks.
Liam has never been a fan of Mac and Cheese, so I had a friend take it and test it, and while it didn't come up to scratch as 'homemade' mac and cheese, it certainly was yummy and looked like Mac and Cheese.
The GF Pancake mix was my personal favorite - I've always loved buckwheat and these pancakes were light, fluffy and tender - the way a good pancake should be! I didn't miss the wheat at that meal...
Happy Belly Bags makes a variety of bags that make fabulous gifts - for new moms, for brides to be, for people dealing with new allergies - Dairy Free, Nut Free, Soy Free etc... They even have a bag called ReBoot Your Body:
The Ashley Koff, RD ReBoot Your Body Happy Belly Bag Includes:
- Better than Roasted, Sprouted Raw Almond Butter, 4 oz.
- Nutiva, Organic Shelled Hemp Seeds, 8 oz.
- Nature's Path, Optimum Slim Cereal, 14 oz.
- Living Intentions, Hemp & Greens Cereal, 9 oz.
- Sweetriot, Dark Chocolate Covered Cacao Nibs, 1 oz.
If you know someone who is dealing with a lifestyle change - Happy Belly Bags are the perfect way to help ease them, or their children into their new diet and help them succeed with their goals! There was so much in our test bag that it took me almost a month to get through everything!
Disclaimer: I received this product at no cost to me. All opinions are my own or that of my family and friends who assisted with my review.