1. Are you doing anything special to mark this season of Advent? If so please share.
Heather is leaving today for Canada....In the spirit of peace, I will try not to kill the kids while she is away.
2. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen...and of course you recall, the most famous reindeer of all...so, which reindeer name best describes you this week?
I have been a dasher this week, sprinting from place to place trying to get grading done and enough work so that my week with limited abilities wouldn't cost me too much. Mission accomplished? Not quite.
3. What's worse-too quiet or too loud? Which have you had more of lately?
There is never enough too quiet for me. Too loud is a household with three children. As I often say, I have a 3 year old boy, 7 year old boy with Autism and a 15 year old hormonal girl. Someone is always crying at my house (and it is usually me).
4. This question comes to you from Zoanna over at A Penchant for Pens-thanks Zo!
When you are administratively gifted, how often do you find yourself not trusting less gifted people to do what they've committed to do? If you are not so gifted that way, but are reliable, how do you feel when the stronger person (in that area) goes ahead and covers it before giving you a chance to come through?
I never have a problem letting a specialist in a field work with me. It is how one learns, grows and develops. I do not do paperwork particularly well - so when someone asks to do it for me, I thank them profusely.
5. What is your most dreaded task relating to the holidays? Your most looked forward to holiday task?
See week alone with three children. Not that I can not do it, the first couple days here are not going to be pleasant especially since Liam is going through a mommy phase that is about to be broken.
6. Facebook has released its list of the 'most talked about' topics of 2013. Pope Francis took the number one spot. Does that surprise you? He was followed by election, royal baby, typhoon, and Harlem Shake. Your thoughts? What was yourmost talked about topic in 2013? (Facebook, around the kitchen table, or wherever it is you talk)
Being from Toronto originally, Rob Ford seems to be the most talked about to us. As for what I actually care about, I have been watching educational YouTube clips with Robyn called 'Crash Course' - we are almost done the World History course. I have also been learning accounting from the Khan Academy online as well. I have really been trying to expand my repertoire this year.
7. What's something you consider a necessity that others might view as a luxury?
I love hot showers. I have a 'rain' shower head that I absolutely love. It help me keep my sanity.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Well done Mr. Mandela. There are people who waste their lives. You sir did not. You made an indelible impact upon not only upon your own nation but on the world itself.