I love getting to know more about my fellow bloggers, some I've met and many that I hope to meet in the future... today's blogger is definitely one who I hope to meet soon! She jumped in to today's interview with both feet and saved my bacon! I'd love to introduce you to Emerald from Sweet Tart Beauty!
1. Tell us a little bit about your blog:
My blog Sweet Tart Beauty is a lifestyle blog covering my fascination for beauty and fashion. The blog was created after much encouragement from my mother after I became ill in 2010. This blog, while at time difficult to maintain has allowed me the opportunity to attend The Makeup Show as press and the chance to interview top names in beauty like Naja Rickette's and Patrick T Cooper.
2. How long have you been blogging and what do you love about it?
I have been blogging for three years. I love the chance to connect with people who share my same interest. I also enjoy watching other bloggers fulfill their dreams outside of the blogging world.
3. Who is the person or group behind the blog?
When I first started Sweet Tart Beauty I did most of the work on my own but as my energy levels began to fall, my sisters and mother stepped in to keep this boat afloat. We are a group of loving women who only seek to encourage others to pursue their goals and passions in life. We will also be releasing a new site soon that will focus soley on helping people learn how to have empathy for one another. It is our hope that this site will prove to be a ray of light amongst the nonstop negativity in the world today.
4. What hobbies/interests do you have?
I love photography. Last year i purchased a Canon 550D and I have never looked back. I am inspired by the work of Brooke Shaden and Joshua Spencer. I dream of one day producing eye catching and thought provoking art like they do on a regular basis.
5. If you could invite 4 people (real or fictional, living or dead) to a dinner party, who would you invite and what would you serve?
If I could invite 4 people of my choosing to dinner, I would invite Beyonce,Malala Yousafzi, Somaly Mam and Demi Lovato. From the outside it would seem these strong women have nothing in common but if you search deeper Beyond the image we are fed through the media you will see that all of these women have gone through struggles but have chosen to better themselves and work to encourage others to do the same. Their ability to empathize with others inspires me. I hope to follow their example one day.
I'd serve wine and cheese and have the rest catered!
6. I can’t live without…
I can't live without my family. Without them I would have surely left this earth by now. Their love and encouragement keeps me going even when I feel there is no hope.
7. Something people would be surprised to know about me is… I love documentaries and crime shows. In fact I watch Lock Up Raw on a weekly basis. I also enjoy the television show Beyond Scared Straight.
8. Three of my favorite blogs to visit are:
- Paisley Boulevard: http://paisleyboulevard.com
- Bubbly and Bean:http://www.bubbyandbean.com
- A Night Owl: http://anightowlblog.com
9. Three of my favorite posts on my blog are:
- This interview with Naja Ricketts: http://www.sweettartbeauty.com/2013/09/naja-rickette.html
- This outfit post: http://www.sweettartbeauty.com/2013/10/fashion-2.html '
- And this post on Yelena Leuchanka: http://www.sweettartbeauty.com/2012/11/yelena-leuchanka.html
Thank you for hanging out at Acting Balanced today! Readers, you can find Emerald hanging out at her blog, and please follow her on
If you are an author, blogger or just a fun person and want to be interviewed, drop me a line at heather at actingbalanced dot com