One of the interesting things about Wayne and I blogging together is that I have become much more in tune with the fact that almost all of the blogs I read are written by women... one of the exceptions is Lisleman's Blog - A Few Clowns Short (of a Circus) and so when Wayne and I were doing some brainstorming on the future of the blog, he said - we should ask Lisleman if he'd be willing to be interviewed... so I sent off an email and I think I interrupted his nap...
Luckily, after a little negotiation - we changed up one question and had to promise to faithfully answer one of his as the 9th question, but I am pleased to give you a peek behind the blogger known as Lisleman:
1. Tell us a little bit about your blog:It started because my job and the unit I worked for was shutting down. I thought a blog for common support to help each other get through our lay-off would be good. I had done a little blogging (my daughter got me started). My theme is "lighten up". Occasionally I post a serious topic or memory. Most of the time my objective is to share a laugh or crazy idea.
2. How long have you been blogging and what do you love about it?
3. Who is the person or group behind the blog?
4. What hobbies/interests do you have?Duh, blogging. Oh I guess you mean in addition to blogging. As many of you know, blogging can become very time consuming. My hobby of creating little motorized pieces of recycled junk is directly related to my past career, electrical engineering. I have made a number of youtube clips of them. Our grandkids enjoy and then break them. Playing and watching with grandkids is not really a hobby but it keeps me busy too. I have traveled a fair amount and would do more if I had the money.
5. If you could invite 4 people (real or fictional, living or dead) to a dinner party, who would you invite and what would you serve?
John F. Kennedy
Charlie Rose (if I get lost for a good question I can count on him) the list might change.
6. What is your favorite rant?
7. Something people would be surprised to know about me is…
8. Three of my favorite posts on my blog are:
Lucky Blogger http://afcsoac.blogspot.com/
Can't Tweet My Feeling Of You http://afcsoac.blogspot.com/
9. In a twist, Lisleman took over the interview and asked me to answer the following question: do you find any problems with co-blogging with your husband?
I had to answer of course... I never turn down a good question ;-) Wayne probably has more problems co-blogging with me because I tend to like to veto his choices for our Monday Quiz questions - he tends to be more existential than I want to be on a Monday. We are just in the start of the co-branding phase and that's been interesting, but it does give us more to talk about :-)
I had such fun going back and forth with Lisleman - and I can appreciate that there are no true absolutes - which is why we exchanged the can't live without question for something that fit better... if you're intrigued and want to check out Lisleman's social media channels I recommend you start with Youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/
dad45 and then check out his personal G+ https://plus.google.com/106732389557900775693/posts and blog G+ https://plus.google.com/ 105803996421800912140/posts Unfortunately, you won't find his twitter account (it doesn't exist) and his Facebook is for family only...
Don't forget that you too can change up your interview (or just play it straight) by emailing me at heather at actingbalanced dot com and I'll shoot you the questions!