1. Tell us a little bit about how you write your books:
Most of the time I’ll either sit in the dining room or the breakfast nook and I’ll have house music playing in the background. If the weather is super nice and my sinuses aren’t going haywire, then I’ll sit outside by the pool. I’m easily distracted, so it’s been tough for me to work outside of my house lately.
2. How long have you been writing and what do you love about it?
I’ve been writing since I was a kid, but a little over two years ago was when I got serious about it and quit my other job to write full time.
3. What hobbies/interests do you have?
I love traveling and exploring new places, reading a good paranormal romance book, and spending time with family and friends.
4. Something people would be surprised to know about me is…
I’m a native of Florida and I grew up on a 92-acre orange grove and farm.
5. If you could invite 4 people (real or fictional, living or dead) to a dinner party, who would you invite and what would you serve?
Real—Ian Sommerhalder and Nina Dobrev (Vampire Diaries)
Fictional—Barrons and Mac (Karen Monings Fever series)
I make an amazing Seafood Gumbo with fried okra garnish and I’d have a nice bottle of Quintessa to go along with it.
6. I can’t live without… Club Soda and quest protein bars
7. Tell us a little about this current book - what was your favorite part about writing it?
Crimson Flames—Half-vampire Abby Tate is determined to learn more about the sorceress powers that were awakened inside her when she was turned into a vampire—making her a whole new hybrid species. There’s a group of rogue vamps banding together and forming a Resistance against the vampire governing body, The Head Council, and Abby’s newly discovered powers are the key to the Council’s victory. Now the Resistance will do anything possible to remove the hybrid threat, and with no other options, Abby is forced to rely on the aid of the Council, yet can she trust the very vampires that hunt for her human lover? And even worse, can she fight the unwelcome attraction that’s growing between her and one of those ancient vampire rulers?
My fave part about writing it was watching Abby (the MC) grow into an amazing woman whom I think a lot of people can relate to.
8. What's next for your writing?
I’m working on a paranormal romance novella series currently titled Death Dealer (though that may be changing) I don’t have a blurb quite yet, but will be posting to my blog as soon as I do. AshleyRobertsonBooks.com (
sign up to keep updated by email)
9. How can your fans stay up to date with what you are doing?