Curried Chicken and Mango Salad
4-6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1/2 cup (125 ml) white wine or chicken stock
3/4 cup (180 ml) mayonnaise
3 Tbs (450 ml) lime juice
1 tsp (5 ml) curry powder
1 cup (250 ml) coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
3-4 ribs celery, finely chopped
1-2 ripe mangos, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- Season the chicken breast halves with salt and pepper and place them in a single layer in a large skillet.
- Add the wine or broth and bring to a simmer over moderate heat. Reduce the heat and simmer tightly covered until the chicken is cooked and firm to the touch, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the skillet and allow to cool.
- Cut the chicken into large pieces.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, lime juice, and curry powder.
- Combine the chicken, mayonnaise mixture, and remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl and toss gently to thoroughly combine.
Serve chilled. Serves 4 to 6.