I am pleased to invite my friend and fellow Lowcountry blogger to join me this morning for her turn in the hotseat! Not only does she have the best name in the world, but she also has a fabulous blog at Rather Be Changing Diapers!
1. Tell us a little bit about your blog:
It's called Rather Be Changing Diapers (http://www.
ratherbechangingdiapers.com/) because I can't imagine being anything other than a mommy and don't mind changing diapers at all. I think of my blog being a little ADD like me. It's a hodge podge of different family friendly topics that I think might be interesting or useful to my readers. My blog has evolved with me and my family since I have gotten started. When I started, I had a 1 year old and an infant; now I have a 4 year old, 2 year old, and 1 year old. Plus, now I have a girl so I can feature girl stuff. I feature family products that are useful to my family and hopefully to at least some of my readers. I only review that I think are higher quality. I keep everything clean and positive.
2. How long have you been blogging and what do you love about it?
I have been blogging since around October/November of 2009. I went through a hiatus while pregnant for the third time but I have come back more passionate about blogging. It is an outlet for me. It's my thing, and it gives me an identity apart from being just mom. I have always loved writing. It's a pleasure to be able to blog and interact with readers, companies, and other bloggers.
3. Who is the person or group behind the blog?
It is just me so far but I want to create a team and add some other writers to Rather Be Changing Diapers. There isn't much to say about me. I'm Heather, a stay-at-home mother of a 4 year old boy, 2 year old boy, and 1 year old girl. When I get time to myself, I almost always go to Target and Starbucks. I'm a woman of routine. My husband and I have been married for almost 7 years, and he is an awesome hands on dad. We aren't parents that fit into any one mold or another. I try a little of this and a little of that.
4. What hobbies/interests do you have?
Interests/ hobbies- what's that, haha. :) I'm a mother of 3 young children so there isn't many times during any given day that I have time to do much. My kids keep me on my toes. My hobbies and interests are blogging, writing poems, photography, and reading. I love being outside whether in my backyard playing with my kids, going to the pool, or going to the beach. I don't do as much photography as I'd like anymore since my real passion is nature photography. No animals come close when there are 3 loud tots around.
5. If you could invite 4 people (real or fictional, living or dead) to a dinner party, who would you invite and what would you serve?
The first people that come to mind are my grandma and grandpa who are dead because they mean so much to me, and I miss them! I'd, also, invite Abraham Lincoln because I am fascinated in history and the American Civil War. I wouldn't want to leave my husband out so he'd be there too. I'd serve seafood and wine.
6. I can’t live without…My family and friends. I believe in community. I don't know what I'd do without the people I love.
7. Something people would be surprised to know about me is…
Hmm that is difficult. I mostly read like an open book. What you see is what you get. One interesting piece of information about me is I can do almost everything with my left or right hands AND with my feet. It drives my husband crazy sometimes because the kids copy me and do things with their feet. (Plus they love Curious George and pretend to be him).
8. Three of my favorite blogs to visit are (include urls) : Besides yours of course. (And it's hard to just pick 3)-
- My amazing sister-in-law's blog- Coupon Clippin Mommy- http://www.couponclippinmommy.
- Amazing woman and blogger- one of my inspirations that got me into blogging- Two Of A Kind Working On A Full House-http://www.
- Mama to 4 Blessings- http://mamato3blessings.
9. Three of my favorite posts on my blog are (Include urls) :
- One of my favorite reviews ever because I love Rascal Flatts- http://www.
ratherbechangingdiapers.com/ 2012/04/amazing-new-album-by- rascal-flatts.html
- Probably my favorite craft post- http://www.
ratherbechangingdiapers.com/ 2012/02/craft-it-friday- toilet-paper-roll.html