Asparagus Soup - Makes 6 servings
2 T butter
1 large onion, chopped
1 T flour
4 C chicken stock
1 1/2 lb. Asparagus washed and cut into 1" pieces
1/2 t salt
1/2 t white pepper
1 C low fat milk - can use whole milk, half and half or even cream if you prefer
1 hard boiled egg (grated) for garnish (optional)
- In large saucepan, melt butter. Add onion and saute for 5 minutes, until tender. Add flour and cook until bubbly, stirring constantly. Whisk in the stock. Stir in asparagus, salt and pepper - bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and cook until asparagus is very tender. Using a slotted spoon remove 1/2 C asparagus and save.
- In food processor or blender, in batches if necessary, puree the soup until smooth. Return to saucepan and add milk.
- Cook uncovered over moderate heat, stirring, until hot. DO NOT boil.
- Serve garnished with reserved asparagus spears and top with grated hard boiled egg.
What is mm mm good in your kitchen this week? Link up your yummy recipe here to share: