I can't even remember where this recipe came from but it is a really great treat and no one will ever know that you used potatoes until you tell them...
Potato Candy (Serves 8 to 12.)
1 large potato, peeled and coarsely chopped
3 tsp (45 ml) butter
1 lb (450 g) powdered (confectioner's) sugar
1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
1 cup (250 ml) shredded coconut
1 oz (25 g) semi-sweet chocolate
- Boil the potato in salted water until tender.
- Mash the potato and while still hot add 2 teaspoons (10 ml) butter, sugar, vanilla, and coconut, stirring to combine thoroughly. (You want it to become a fudge-like consistency)
- Pat evenly into a greased 8x8-inch (20x20 cm) pan and set aside to cool.
- Melt the chocolate and combine with the remaining butter.
- Spread on top of the potato mixture and cut into squares before the chocolate hardens.
Don't forget to link up a yummy recipe of your own: