Honey Carrot Soup
4 cups (1 L) vegetable or chicken stock
1 lb (450 g) carrots, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup (250 ml) half-and-half or milk (or coconut milk if you are trying to go vegan or just want to add a different taste)
1/4 cup (60 ml) honey
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Chopped parsley for garnish
- Combine the stock, carrots, and onion in a pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer covered until the carrots are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature and puree in an electric blender or food processor.
- Stir in the milk, honey, salt, and pepper and refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve garnished with chopped parsley. Serves 4 to 6.