My first one is probably the one I associate most with the holidays. My mother made these every year and they are the lightest, melt in your mouth cookie! They don't travel well because they're kinda on the delicate side, but you won't want to give them up anyway :) The secret is in the beating of these cookies, so you need to use a mixer!
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sifted flour
1/2 cup confectioners sugar (icing sugar)
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Cream the butter and sugar together and beat on high for 3 minutes
- Turn the mixer down to medium and add the flour slowly
- Once the flour is incorporated, beat on high for 5 minutes
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a parchment or silpat covered cookie sheet
- Bake for 12-15 minutes - watch them carefully because they will go from golden to burnt quickly!
Yield: 24 cookies (this recipe can be doubled)
If you have a cookie recipe to share, please link it up!