White Chocolate Cranberry Orange Biscotti
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tbsp orange zest
2 tbsp orange liqueur
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
3/4 cup toasted and chopped almonds
1 package of white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in egg. Stir in the orange zest and orange liqueur. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon, stir into the creamed mixture, then stir in the almonds and dried cranberries.
- On a lightly floured surface, divide the dough in half. Roll each half into a log about 1 1/2 inches wide and 10 inches long. Set the rolls lengthwise on a baking sheet at least 3 inches apart, and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until firm to the touch and slightly brown on the top.
- Cool for 10 to 15 minutes, then slice each log crosswise, at a diagonal, into 1/2 inch wide slices. Lay them cut side down on the baking sheet and return to the oven for 10 minutes, turn them over and bake for 10 more minutes. Let stand while you melt the chocolate
- Melt the white chocolate chips in a double boiler over low heat for 2-5 minutes until smooth. (Or microwave on 40% power for 1 minute and stir, put back in the microwave for 15-30 seconds and stir again if still lumpy)
- Dip half of the biscotti in the white chocolate, or drizzle the chocolate over the biscotti if you prefer
- Cool on wire racks with a pan, store in an airtight container. These keep for over a month.