One of the toughest things about being the mom of 3 busy kids is trying to have an uninterrupted telephone conversation - or heaven forbid, talk on the phone and type on the computer at the same time! It's also tough because we're so far away from friends and family - over 1000 miles from both sets of grandparents, so I also need phones that are easy for the kids to use and have a great speaker phone in them.
That's why, when I was asked to test out the VTech LS6475-3 Multitasking Phone System, I was ecstatic! It's making keeping in touch with friends and family at home so much easier than our old system!
What I love about the VTech LS6475-3 is that it's so versatile and it's also expandable! I am also absolutely in love with the Bluetooth headset - I've got it in my ear almost constantly when I'm home, so that I don't have to stop chasing Erik to answer the phone. The bluetooth is definitely the best feature and if you're like me and rarely sit down, it's a godsend. I also love just how clear and easy to use the speaker phone system is - it's almost like having the person you are talking to right there in the room!
But it's way more than that - it has all of these features:
- Remotely retrieve messages on the digital answering system.
- Easy to use, standard wall mount capability.
- Backlit message counter.
- Audible time and date stamp on recorded messages.
- Stylish metallic finish.
- 50 name and number phonebook directory.
- Slim handset size.
- Trilingual prompts allow you to choose between English, Spanish or French.
- Multiple over the ear and over the head wearing styles.
- Caller ID/Call waiting stores 50 calls.
- DECT 6.0 digital technology provides the best sound quality, security and range in cordless phones.
- Protect yourself from identity theft with digital security. Your call is digitized and encrypted, making it nearly impossible for someone to eavesdrop.
- Audio equalizer allows you to choose from 4 different profiles to best match your hearing.
- Excellent range, up to 500 feet.
- VTech supports RoHS initiatives by reducing the use of hazardous substances including lead, mercury and cadmium.
- Energy Star Compliant.
- Expand this system up to a total of 12 cordless handsets and 2 cordless headsets.
- Hearing Aid Compatible.
- Blue backlit keypad and display.
- Retrieve messages on the digital answering system from the handset.
- HD Audio provides an extended frequency band allowing for the signal to be reproduced and tuned for a fuller and clearer sound.
- Voice Announce Caller ID audibly announces the name and number of the caller on all of the handsets and base unit. No need to find the handset to see who is calling. Makes screening calls that much easier.
- Push-To-Talk acts as a multiple handset walkie talkie system to instantly communicate with any or all of the handsets within the system.
- Digital answering system with 14 minutes of recording time. No tapes or moving parts.
- Enjoy the freedom to have a private, cordless, hands-free conversation anywhere in your home or office. This DECT 6.0 cordless headset gives you the same interference free, superior sound, and long range you expect with a traditional DECT 6.0 cordless handset.
- Interference free for crystal clear conversations. Won?t interfere with wireless networks and other wireless devices.
- With the touch of a button, the handset speakerphones makes hands-free conversations easy.
- Handset volume control.
The phone and headset has fabulous range - I can even use it while we're outside playing in the yard - I actually tested it and walked past five of my neighbor's houses before the call was dropped!
The phone is a lifeline in our house - with me running two part-time businesses and keeping in touch with everyone - it's especially important during the holidays! Did you know that in a survey conducted by independent market research firm Toluna on behalf of VTech® Communications, 45 percent of respondents said a phone call to catch up is the best present a distant friend or family member could give them during the holiday season. In fact, a phone call outpaced gifts under the tree, holiday cards and emails.
And for people over 55, the number rose to 60%!
We were supposed to go home for Christmas this year, but circumstances have prevented us from going home so chance to catch up with cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents and the rest of my family over the phoe will be the most priceless gift I can receive, and now that I have my new VTech LS6475-3 Multitasking Phone System I know that it will feel like I can almost reach out and touch them.
“A simple phone call is a powerful way to connect with loved ones during the holidays,” said Matt Ramage, senior vice president, product management, VTech Communications. “The consumer data shows us that in today’s frenetic world, sitting down with a reliable home phone to have a good conversation with a distant relative or friend is still a simple desire people want and need in their lives – especially during the busiest time of the year.”
I'm glad that I have this new phone system to help us stay in touch - and I'm hoping that Santa will bring me another handset or two to make this system even more useful for our family!
If you're looking for a fabulous gift under the tree for anyone who likes to communicate than you should check out the VTech line of cordless phones!
Disclaimer: “I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of VTech and received a product sample to facilitate my review.”