Instead of offering my reasons as to why I believe you’ll love It’s Simple, I thought it more impactful, sincere even, to share reasons from actual readers who fell in love with the novel and its characters.
Surprisingly, most of the reasons listed below mirror my own. As the author, it is my hope you’ll share the same sentiment.
1. The positive portrayal of African Americans is absolutely refreshing. Although, the main characters are mostly people of color, the subject matter is relatable to all ethnicities. It’s Simple illustrates, in practical ways, just how similar issues and matters of the heart truly are regardless of background. Our joys, struggles, hopes and triumphs are universal.
2. It’s Simple, an entertaining read, is also considered an informative one. The WoWs grab your attention and hold on for dear life. These Words of Wisdom (WoWs) found at the end or in the middle of some chapters, are chunks of thought provoking passages that break up the story and share personal lessons as it pertains to the reader as well as the characters.
3. All of the characters found in It’s Simple are relatable. There are some that believe a relationship like the one between Chase and Tia is rare. It is not. There is a bit of Tia in every woman, and there is a bit of Chase in every man.
4. It’s Simple is a dialogue piece. Not just for reading groups, but also for parents and older teens to read together and discuss. One of the more powerful lessons mothers and daughters can chat about is how a woman should be treated in a relationship, what she should expect, and more importantly, what she deserves.
5. It’s Simple is engaging. After you’ve finished reading, you immediately want to know what happens next to this group of characters. It’s as if they’ve become a part of your life and you’re anxiously anticipating the next time you’ll hear from them.
The writing in It’s Simple is descriptive. The scenes play out vividly in your head making it easy to see this novel becoming a movie.
About Michelle RichardsonMichelle Richardson, born in Brooklyn, New York, now lives in Long Island with her husband, their two crazy kids and a prissy powder puff pomeranian named Madison. A wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, writer, life coach and marketing director, the roles of her life provided the inspiration behind this work, but none more so than those of wife, mother, sister and friend. Richardson is currently writing the sequel to It’s Simple.
Visit her online at www.michellerichardson.co or visit her at Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/#!/ItsSimpleMR or Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ItsSimpleMR.
About It’s Simple
The general consensus is that relationships are easy to start but challenging to maintain. Although we may not think so, our choices ultimately determine the types of relationships we have. It’s truly funny how after we’ve contributed to the chaotic state of the relationship, we hire therapists to fix us, to tell us it’s not our fault when it typically is. The truth? Therapists don’t fix us; they provide tools that guide us. Ultimately, we find the solutions ourselves and, for the most part, we really need to forget what we’ve heard. Relationships can be complicated, littered with challenges and that preventable thing called drama. Just ask Tia and Chase.
They met as teenagers. Upon graduation from college, things got complicated. Chase was drafted to the Los Angeles Lakers; Tia was offered a position in the Obama administration. Despite the geographical distance, Tia and Chase stayed together.
But how easy is it to make love last? It’s simple-if we can be honest, forgiving, and patient with each other. Here’s a unique look at a progressive couple and how their choices impact their journey; providing a truthful and sometimes painful look at real life scenarios and how two fiercely driven and stubborn lovers choose to handle them. Experience life from a different perspective.
Giveaways, Contests & Prizes!
WIN THIS BEAUTIFUL BASKET!Would you like to win this gorgeous basket with lots of goodies from Michelle Richardson???
On Friday, November 18, Michelle will be giving this beautiful basket away at the Pump Up Your Book Live! Chat / Book Giveaway Party! Contents include one signed copy of It’s Simple, five (5) It’s Simple bookmarks, one earthenware mug w/Tea for Life packets, one decorative votive candle holder and candle and one Live. Love. Laugh decorative box!
Click here to find out more details!
And tomorrow you can also come back here to win a copy of the book here on Acting Balanced- just look for my review! You can also earn a (+5) bonus entry by leaving a comment or question on today's guest post!