I found this recipe in Southern Living and knew that I had to try it out! I would never have thought of putting this combination together, but I have to say that Grilled Tomato-Peach Pizza is fabulous!
Vegetable cooking spray
2 tomatoes, sliced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large peach, peeled and sliced
1 pound bakery pizza dough
1/2 (16-oz.) package fresh mozzarella, sliced
4 to 6 fresh basil leaves
Garnishes: coarsely ground pepper, olive oil
1. Coat cold cooking grate of grill with cooking spray, and place on grill. Preheat grill to 350° (medium) heat.
2. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt; let stand 15 minutes. Pat tomatoes dry with paper towels.
3. Grill peach slices, covered with grill lid, 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear.
4. Place dough on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray; lightly coat dough with cooking spray. Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness (about 14 inches in diameter). Slide pizza dough from baking sheet onto cooking grate.
5. Grill, covered with grill lid, 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn dough over, and reduce temperature to 250° to 300° (low) heat; top with tomatoes, grilled peaches, and mozzarella. Grill, covered with grill lid, 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Arrange basil leaves over pizza. Serve immediately. Garnish, if desired.
Please consider sharing a recipe with us on this month's linky: