- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 20 slices
- 2-3 fresh peaches or 1 can of peaches (drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans - I omit this when making for our house because of allergies
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk (I use what is in the house - usually 1 or 2%)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Reduced-calorie pancake syrup, optional
- Arrange half of the bread in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with peaches, pecans and remaining bread.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, milk, sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and vanilla; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and remaining cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over French toast. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Now that you've checked out my offering this week, please feel free to add yours to the link