This elegant dish would also feel right at home on the table at a fancy brunch or luncheon - it comes from one of my favorite sources too - The Chef at wwrecipes.com
Wild Mushroom and Asparagus Tart
1 Tbs (15 ml) butter
2 tsp (10 ml) finely chopped shallot
12 oz (350 g) chopped mushrooms, wild if available
6 stalks asparagus, chopped
1/2 cup (125 ml) white wine or chicken stock
1/2 cup (125 ml) heavy cream
Salt and to taste
1 tsp (5 ml) chopped fresh parsley
4 - 4 to 5 inch (10 to 12 cm) tart shells,
or one 8 to 10 inch (20 to 25 cm) tart shell
Heat the butter in a saute pan and cook the shallots overmoderate heat until translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and asparagus and cook until the moisture has evaporated.
- Add the wine or chicken broth and stir to dissolve the brown particles in the bottom of the pan.
- Cook until the liquid is reduced to about 2 tablespoon (30 ml).
- Add the cream and heat until it thickens a little.
- Fill the tarts with the mushroom mixture and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350F (180C) for 20 to 25 minutes, until the tart shells are browned.
Serves 4 to 6.
And now, link up your favorite recipes this month: