Here are some very interesting 2009 U.S. Census Bureau Statistics:
Educational Attainment by Degree-Level and Age-Group (American Community Survey) Percent of Adults 25 to 64 with a Bachelors Degree or Higher - 2009
Difference in Median Earnings Between a High School Diploma and a Bachelors Degree 25 to 64 Year Olds - 2007
- We are in a innovation and technology based economy yet only 29.8% of the population has a Bachelors degree.
- In South Carolina only 55% of high school students graduate 'on-time.'
- Using the US average, a person with a Bachelors degree will earn approximately $858,200.00 more in their lifetime (not adjusting for inflation).
- A C of C out-of-state student would see a $9.8:1 return on investment over a lifetime. An in-state students would see $20.4:1 return.
- A student with a Bachelors degree is almost 2.8 times lesslikely to be unemployed